4.05.2009

Our "vintage" trailer

We bought a 1969 12 foot travel trailer a few weeks ago for $300. We prefer to call it "vintage" as opposed to "white trash", although I would say others may disagree. We have big plans to redo the inside, paint it, and use it for camping and music festivals. For now, I'm just embarrassed to have it parked in the driveway. Here are the "before" pics:



This is the sleeping area. It will eventually sleep 4. This whole portion has now been torn out so we can start over.


There are 2 broken windows. Probably the easiest of all of the repairs.


The Kitchen. Seriously.



Wish us luck, cause we're gonna need it!

3 comments:

Danelle said...

$300, seriously? Man, you made someone's day. Okay, maybe I'm being too harsh. I just don't have the vision and skills that you and Lauren do. I bet it turns out fantastic. How does it smell? When you finish it, will you haul it to B-town sometime so I can check it out? Good luck and have fun. Glad that you posted.

Jen said...

I know, I know, but it had to be saved. It was like a stray dog. Couldn't just leave it to die, could we? And like a stray dog, no, it doesn't smell fabulous (yet). :)

julie Gutke said...

its so cool.....good luck with it!! i bet it will be alot of fun!!